TeamTalk 4 is a conferencing system which enables a group of people to collaborate and share information. Every member of a group can communicate with other members in real time using both audio and video. All that is needed is a microphone and a web camera.
Here is a list of the main features:
- Real time audio and video conversations
- Share desktop applications
- File sharing
- Instant text messaging
- Private rooms/channels for every group of users
- High quality audio codecs with both mono and stereo
- Push-to-talk and voice activation
- Record conversations to disk
- Standalone server for both LAN and Internet environments
- User authentication with accounts
The TeamTalk application is currently available as freeware for Windows 32/64-bit, Mac OS X 32/64-bit, Linux 32/64-bit and for Raspberry Pi (Raspbian). All platforms use the same code base and the source for the Qt application can be obtained by downloading the TeamTalk 4 SDK (http://bearware.dk/index.php?section=products&pageid=tt4sdkdownload).
In TeamTalk Qt was chose because it’s available on numerous platforms, it comes with a great build-system (qmake) and it’s easy to extend widgets so you can make your own application look unique. Oh yeah, the signal/slot mechanism for handing events is also so easy compared to other frameworks.
TeamTalk is developed and maintained by BearWare.dkGo back