BiblioteQ strives to be a professional cataloging and library management suite, utilizing a Qt interface and providing connectivity to PostgreSQL and SQLite. The SRU and Z39.50 protocols are used for retrieving data for books, journals, and magazines. The software is available for all major operating systems and should be compatible with any system that supports Qt. BiblioteQ is distributed under a BSD license.
- Separate administrator roles.
- Cataloging of books, dvds, journals, magazines, music cds, photograph collections, and video games.
- Cover images with drag and drop support.
- Customized displays.
- Customized item data, pricing information, and currencies.
- Embedded hyperlinks for localized searches of similar items.
- Exporting of views to CSV files.
- Free and Open Source technology.
- Front cover image retrieval via Amazon.
- Internationalization (translation) support. BiblioteQ currently supports the Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, and Greek languages.
- Item reservation.
- Item reservation histories for patrons.
- Listings of overdue items, requested items, and reserved items.
- Patron information.
- PostgreSQL accounts with various privileges.
- Print support.
- Qt 4.8.x and Qt 5.x support.
- Rich search capabilities, including custom SQL queries.
- Support for multiple SRU and Z39.50 sites.
- Support for requesting unavailable items.
- Threaded data retrieval via the standard Z39.50 protocol for books, journals, and magazines.
- Transactional database queries.
- True PostgreSQL and SQLite pagination.
- Uniform functionality across various platforms.